The Starkville MSU Area Rapid Transit (SMART) shuttle service is operated by MSU Parking Services with campus shuttle routes that run continually Monday-Friday. In addition to campus routes, the SMART shuttles have a night and Saturday route for access to off-campus dining, shopping, and businesses. Students, staff, faculty, and the community may use the shuttles free of charge.
Through a partnership with Zipcar, the world's leading car-sharing network, self-serve, fuel-efficient vehicles are located on campus. The cost-effective and convenient transportation option will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to all students ages 18 and older.
Mississippi Driver's License
Mississippi Highway Patrol • 987 Highway 82 East • (662) 323-5316
Non-U.S. Citizen Information
- Requirements to obtain a one-year Mississippi driver's license:
- -Completed application (available at the Highway Patrol office)
- -Valid passport
- -I-94 arrival/departure card
- -I-20 or DS-2019
- -Proof of residence (MSU housing agreement or private lease agreement)
- -Official copy of birth certificate translated by a university employee
- -$10 cash
- Non-U.S. citizens will receive a Mississippi driver's license valid for one year.
- Foreign nationals driving in the U.S. may obtain a valid international driver's license from their country of origin before they come to the U.S., they may rent a car and drive before they get their U.S. driver's license.
- Please note: Mississippi requires liability insurance. It is illegal to drive in the state of Mississippi without auto insurance.
- You must pass the written and driving test. The tests are administered by the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, located in the Mississippi State Troopers Office at 987 Highway 82 East.
- Directions to the Driver's License Testing Center: Take Lee Blvd to Highway 182, leaving campus. The testing center is on the right-hand side of the street. There is a sign that reads Mississippi Highway Patrol.
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.