Directing a Study Abroad Program
The Office of Study Abroad (OSA) is excited that you are interested in developing a study abroad program. The information here should help you create the program, attract students, and have a successful study abroad experience.
- Spring Break 2018 programs - proposal due July 14, 2017
- Summer 2018 programs - proposal due September 15, 2017
- College of Arts and Sciences proposals must be submitted to Nicole Rader in the Dean's Office one week prior to the OSA deadline
Summer Prior to Program
Proposal is Approved
- Begin recruiting students to participate in your program through directed emails, interest meetings, class visits, social media, and tabling.
- Submit all contracts to the Office of Procurement and Contracts.
- Begin UCCC approval process for courses not listed in the course catalog.
- Participate in OSA’s Fall Study Abroad Fair in the Union.
- Keep in contact with your Coordinator to be sure we have all the necessary information.
Application is Live
- Continue recruitment efforts.
- Participate in OSA’s Spring Study Abroad Fair.
- Begin reviewing student applications.
- Complete your A-04 International Travel Form.
Application Deadline Hits
- Accept student to your program.
- Remind students of the MSU Study Abroad Scholarship deadline (first week of March).
- OSA will transfer student payments to your account in two separate transfers. Once you receive the funds, begin to make payments for your program.
- Encourage students to complete their applications, so OSA can give them permission to register in your course.
- Hold a Pre-Departure Meeting for your students before they go home for the summer.
- Remind students to attend one of the mandatory in-person Outbound Orientation sessions.
- Attend the Faculty Outbound Orientation.
- Touch base with OSA to confirm that we have all the necessary information regarding your program.
- Complete the STEP Information Request Form and International Insurance Information Request Form.